Tuesday 28 June 2022

An Early Summer Building Project Completed


Having had this large tree stump at the front of the house for a couple of years,
I never really found much use for it except to stand plants on. And it's actually
a remnant come souvenir of a huge Leylandii tree that our neighbours had chopped
down two years ago.



And it was only after seeing pictures online of a water well and a bird table that
gave me the whole idea of making something. It was almost a eureka moment. And
I've been working on it since our Platinum Jubilee weekend, although I had difficulty
getting the right colour of paint to finalize the project. I was initially after a woody shade.
But after four coats I settled for a mid range natural wood colour.
Of course I'll add a nut container on it for the birds. And I'll put in some straw under the
roof.



The building of it was fairly straight forward. It was just the repetitive painting that
dragged the whole project out. And it felt quite rewarding recently to catch a local Magpie
drinking from the bird bowl.
It makes a great piece of garden furniture and I imagine it's not something you'll find
in a Garden Centre.
  


Below: Fixing side supports so as to build a platform for the roof.

Below: Fixing the roof on.


Below: The finished Bird Table with the final coat of paint.
Below: These were the original painted colours of the Bird Table. And pretty disastrous
they turned out. One was too dark (left) and the colour on the right was way too bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Comments Option has been disabled.
However, genuine unhurried comments are
always welcome via e-mail.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.