Sunday 31 December 2023

December 31st 2023



So after a year of Bladder complaints in 2023, recent CT and MRI Scans revealed early stage
but non-invasive Bladder Cancer. In other words traces of cancer cells are contained within
the Bladder wall even after my first TURBT Operation when a whole cluster of tumours were
removed. In fact just this very weekend I just had my second TURBT Operation, just returning home
on Saturday.
And the cure treatment for the Bladder starting in early 2024 will be BCG TREATMENT.  And it's not
something I've been looking forward to as it's personal and invasive. But it's the only way into the
Bladder while it spreads a type of chemotherapy into the Bladder in order for the cancer cells
to be killed off , but more importantly to stop the spread of cancer through the wall of the
Bladder and into the rest of the body.
The BCG Treatment can go on for quite a while...once every week for six weeks, three times a year.
And for some stubborn Bladder Cancers BCG Treatment can last for 3 years.
On top of all this, my Hospital Scans also revealed Stage 3 Kidney Disease. And I'm told that I'll
be having a Kidney Operation very soon when they will be removing a fairly large Kidney Stone,
a procedure called PERCUTANEOUS  NEPHROLITHOTOMY.

 
Colon Cancer 10 years ago was tough. But this is going to be even tougher. And having had my first
ever FLEXIBLE  CYSTOSCOPY last August was possibly the worst procedure I've ever had in a Hospital.
And they're now telling me that this will become a regular procedure for me during the BCG treatment.

So for now I take my leave and concentrate on my health and getting better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Comments Option has been disabled.
However, genuine unhurried comments are
always welcome via e-mail.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.