Friday 9 November 2018

My Cabinet Console.... A Test Video.


Below is a slightly disappointing test video of my home built Console which was
originally a vintage cabinet. I think this video was the fourth one I filmed.
And it looks like the new phone I recently bought is a bit of a letdown. It won't
even film in low light and with only 8GB of internal memory I'm lucky if 

I can film anything over three minutes.
What I don't get with a lot of these phones is that if you buy one with only 8GB of
internal memory they actually already use up 7GB due to the preloaded apps,
apps that I don't even need, one or two which I did indeed get rid off.

But the answer and solution might lie in reverting to my Lumix stills camera as it
has a HD built in video camera, and a good one too. So I've downloaded what I'm
guessing most people use and that's Windows Movie Maker.
So hopefully once I'm able to work it all out then I can make videos without all
the stress.


The original blog post of this building project can be seen HERE.


 Above & Below: Evening low light images of the Console. Something
my stills HD Video camera can capture, but sadly not my
phone.
Although the one and only saving grace of the phone is that
it has a video stabilizer, a vital facility that Youtube sadly withdrew.



Above: The start of the project last year.

Below: The original Cabinet.

Below: The Cabinet as I first saw it in a local second hand shop.

4 comments:

  1. You certainly put a lot of love and effort into these projects of yours. Well done. But only US shows? Not a clip of Steptoe and Son in glorious B/W? - Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian, I can't believe that the volume of this video is hardly coming through on my laptop... very odd.

    yes mostly U.S.tv as it was the U.S that championed Consoles. I believe that here in the U.K we had
    what we called radiograms. they didn't come with tv's. That was really an American thing.

    Funny I was watching a marvellous old original video and untampered by the P.C brigade at the BBC.
    What a hoot, with all the original lines that today's broadcasters wouldn't dare show.
    Bring back 'Love Thy Neighbour' I say. Just why are we no longer allowed to laugh at ourselves.
    British comedy is dead and buried. There's nothing on tv to laugh at anymore thanks to the P.C
    brigade. So it's a good thing I have all the dvd box sets of everything they WONT show anymore.

    of course I might do another video, but British version. Got lots of clips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh. So many typing errors there. The untampered video we watched was an old Steptoe episode
      showing all the original segments that the BBC have now cut out.

      Delete
  3. They should not be allowed to tamper with original material. If it offends someone, too bad. Miserable sods. Are they going to totally ban Til Death Do Part, Frankie Howerd, Spike Milligan, Benny Hill, all the Carry On movies? If you don't like it, don't watch it. Simple. Honestly these people are as intolerant as religious fundamentalists. And the BBC too gutless to stand up to them. - Ian

    ReplyDelete

Blog Comments Option has been disabled.
However, genuine unhurried comments are
always welcome via e-mail.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.