Wednesday 19 October 2022

October Shrubs


The plants at the side of the house are looking quite healthy for October. I think I made
some good investments by planting several Winter shrubs in the big blue container I built
last year. And they'll put on quite a show right through Winter into next Spring.
Although technically we're still in British Summertime for another week and a half.
Thankfully my neighbour on the ground floor takes care of everything as he enjoys caring
for the plants.
Oddly enough they were away during that horrible heatwave in July when it reached 39c/40c
so I was kept well busy watering them each day. I wonder what kind of a Winter awaits us.
Last year was the mildest one I can remember as I didn't once wear my Winter overcoat.

The Bird House table (on the left) was this Summer's big project. And I've added a coconut
feeder as well as a nut feeder as well as putting lots of straw inside the roof should a bird
decide to nest in there soon. The tree trunk itself was from a massive 20 year old Leylandii tree
that our neighbour had cut down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Comments Option has been disabled.
However, genuine unhurried comments are
always welcome via e-mail.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.