Tuesday 3 March 2020

Coping with a Large Collection of DVD's

A couple of years ago I stumbled on the idea of saving space with
a fairly large collection of blu-ray and DVD discs.
I decided to discard the outer plastic packaging and just pop the actual
discs in a small plastic pocket. And as you can see from my picture above,
100 dvd discs now takes the place of just twelve fully packaged discs.
Of course one can no longer see all the dvd's stacked up on a wall shelf
as I now keep them in a three draw locker. But I'm okay with that. And I can
still find any dvd that I want as they're all categorized.

Thinking that I thought it was something I invented, but then looking on the
pages of Pinterest I found others doing the very same thing.

Above (online image).  As popular as it is, I guess that this
is the kind of look that I've been trying to avoid, when your
main front room starts to look like a warehouse and storage
area.


And so this is where I keep all of my dvd and blu-ray discs, in this
three drawer locker (Below)  thereby saving a lot of wall space.
And the discs are all categorized into their own sections so that I 
know where to look for them, with sections titled......
Classic Movies, Westerns, Comedy Films, World and European
Movies, Sports Events, Science and History Documentaries,
Vintage British Culture Documentaries, Music, Opera and
Dance.
I can't imagine how many discs there might be. Perhaps over a
thousand. 

Below: This collector enthusiast is clearly quite proud of his
large collection of various discs.

3 comments:

  1. Three favourite films in common, numbers 5, 8 and 9. I must have gotten rid of 100 burnt cds and dvds over the past year, to either cloud storage or USB sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, Glad that you picked three of those top films from that list. You know, there's something
      special about those top films that sets them apart from the rest. They're films that you can keep
      watching many times.
      I think that I have a tradition that each time I have bought a new bigger tv, I always pull out
      'The Searchers' just to see how bigger and better it looks. So I look forward to one day getting
      a 65" or more. Seeing 'The Searchers' in a cinema a few years back was wonderful. I realize that's
      how Director John Ford wanted us to see it. Not on some black & white 21 inch tv.

      Yes I remember how you have been cutting back on digital clutter in true Swedish style.

      Delete
  2. If we're going with John Wayne, it can only be Stagecoach at the top of the list. That was his second "big moment", I've got his first "big moment" The Big Trail (1930) recorded for later watching.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Comments Option has been disabled.
However, genuine unhurried comments are
always welcome via e-mail.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.