Saturday 19 March 2022

Creating a Federal Style Antique Table Lamp

I recently put to some good use a rusty old candelabra after seeing some wonderful
old vintage table lamps on the pages of Pinterest. And wanting to know more about
them, I asked our old friend Neil who is fairly knowledgeable on vintage artifacts. And he
tells me that the style of lamps that interest me are known as Federal style and may even
go as far back as The Emperor Napoleon. In fact one particular lamp on those Pinterest
pages is described as a Style Gilt Bronze Bouillotte Lamp from the period of Louis XV.
And what shocked me about these lamps is the obscene asking prices online, starting
anywhere from $500 and up to $1,000 or more.

So I polished up an old spare candelabra that I picked up in a Charity shop and went to work
on creating something like I had seen online. Of course I only fitted one bulb in the center on
one of the three wooden candles, which funnily enough I made from off-cuts from a wooden
outdoor broom/brush handle. The results can be seen below.


BELOW: ANTIQUE FEDERAL STYLE
TABLE LAMPS ON PINTEREST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Comments Option has been disabled.
However, genuine unhurried comments are
always welcome via e-mail.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.