Wednesday 1 March 2023

A New Building Project.....A Homemade Cassette Deck.



Well, as I still have a large collection of audio cassettes featuring home recordings as
well as many vintage Radio shows, I thought I'd order a new cassette player and create a
cassette deck so as to be able to enjoy all my old tapes, some of which I haven't heard in a while.
And they certainly sound a lot better having upgraded to a 10 watt speaker which gives a much better
sound.
And it was all put together very recently during a 2 week window while pondering what
to do with my other blog.

Below are two Youtube videos I made this week.

Above: The initial frame for the deck showing the sunken area for the cassette player.
And on the right, sizing the box up with various speakers.


Above: The Cassette player fits in the box, leaving the work to fit in a 10 watt speaker
as well as a panel board from an old Radio.
But before all that is fitted in, the box frame was sanded down and then covered in a dark
woody sticky fablon material.



Above: The main video of the finished Cassette Deck featuring a classic recording from
Danny Rampling's Lovegroove Dance Party.


Below: A brief and more calmed down video featuring a recording from a New York
Radio Station from one of my last visits to the City.

From CD 101.9 Smooth Jazz - New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Comments Option has been disabled.
However, genuine unhurried comments are
always welcome via e-mail.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.